Private Ultrasound Scans London
A hernia scan is an ultrasound imaging of different types of hernia- soft or fatty tissue or an organ protruding through a defect in the abdominal wall muscle or a groin into surrounding tissues.
Instant ultrasound report and result explanation included.
Professional and Helpful
FAQ answered - Hernia scan questions
What is a Hernia scan?
There are a number of different types of hernia:
- inguinal (outer groin),
- femoral (inner groin).
- umbilical ( belly button)
- incisional (operation scar) or
- hiatus hernia in diaphragm
How is the Hernia scan performed?
What will the scan examine?
- the type of hernia – some types of hernias are more likely to become strangulated or cause a bowel obstruction than others
- the content of your hernia – if the hernia contains a part of your bowel, muscle or other tissue, there may be a risk of strangulation or obstruction
- your symptoms and the impact on your daily life – surgery may be recommended if your symptoms are severe or getting worse, or if the hernia is affecting your ability to carry out your normal activities
- your general health – surgery may be too much of a risk if your general health is poor
Who performs Hernia scan?
What is included?
- An instant full medical report
- High resolution images in hard copy and digital