PRIVATE ULTRASOUND SCANS LONDON
Early Pregnancy Scan
This first pregnancy ultrasound scan, not usually offered on the NHS, is performed between weeks 6 and 11+ in order to confirm the pregnancy, its viability, and the baby's due date. It is often referred to as the Early Pregnancy Scan, Viability Scan or Dating Scan.
Instant ultrasound report and result explanation included.
Professional and Helpful
Early pregnancy scan
FAQ answered - Early pregnancy scan questions
What is an early pregnancy scan?
It is not normally available on the NHS which is an added reason why our team at the Clinic strives to offer the best care and reassurance to our patients during this initial stage of their pregnancy.
What will the scan examine?
- The scan will measure the size of a gestational sac or an embryo, confirming the number of weeks of pregnancy and an estimated due date.
- It will check for the correct intra-uterine position of the pregnancy, in order to establish whether the pregnancy is ectopic
- It will listen for and measure the foetal heartbeat at this stage, in order to assess the viability of the pregnancy
How is the early scan done?
Both methods are entirely free of pain or discomfort, but please do let us know if you have any concerns or questions with regards to either method, or if you might be allergic to latex.
What is included?
- Full medical report and images are included in this scan.
- Our medical team will also be able to discuss any concerns you might have and provide guidance and advice.
- Should you need to see an Obstetrician, we can help you organise a full consultation with our expert in the early fetal development